It’s a Knockout as Housekeeping Day raises £1,213.56 for Potters Friends Foundation
The wonderful team of housekeepers at Potters make sure that the rooms are kept clean and tidy, so Potters Resort celebrated the hardworking team by hosting a special Housekeeping Day dedicated to them on Wednesday 26th September 2018.
The team were treated to a cream tea in the morning, before enjoying an It’s a Knockout style game, cheered on by hundreds of Potters Resort guests. The 40-strong team taking part were split into two, completing jigsaws, skipping, netball and jet ski-style challenges before the winning ‘orange’ team each won a medal and cup. They then took part in a Treasure Hunt around Resort, a fun bowls tournament and enjoyed a delicious lunch. They also held a cake sale, raffle and bric-a-brac stall for the Potters team and guests at the Resort, which raised a whopping £1,213.56 for the Potters Friends Foundation.
Nichola Wall, hotel supervisor, said: “A massive thank you to everyone who came to support us on the day. The housekeeping team work really hard to ensure that each and every room is clean and presentable, so it was wonderful to celebrate them with this special day and get everyone together for some fun, while raising money for the Foundation in the process.”
Well done to the team, and everyone who supported on the day in raising this fabulous amount. The housekeeping team make-up and clean the rooms for guests on changeover days, and service the rooms on other days. Guests always tell us how much they appreciate them and how friendly they all are too.
Here’s a couple of facts on what the team do in numbers…
• 776 beds to make in 361 rooms
• 134,746 pillowcases washed and changed annually
• It takes approximately five minutes to strip and make a single bed and eight minutes for a double bed
• 16,427,520 sheets of toilet roll – the distance in length of going from Hopton-on-Sea to Lands End three times
• 8,721 litres of shower gel, shampoo and conditioner – that’s equivalent to 15,346 pints!
• It takes 150 seconds to make a double swan out of towels for the Penthouse and Four Poster rooms